Monday, February 16, 2009

Red beans and pasta

Tonight I came home and wanted a quick dinner. I started cutting up an onion and put water on to boil. I had in mind the Pasta with Red Bean Sauce I discovered a year ago. I glanced at the recipe, and decided I wasn't following it. 

But it turned out well, so for future recreation.

1 onion
Olive oil
1 can kidney beans
Paprika
Oregeno
Rosemary
Crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup tomato sauce
Pasta, curly pasta worked well

Slice onion and saute in olive oil. Add beans and spices. (I didn't measure. Just sprinkled them in.) Used 1 and a half muffin's worth of tomato sauce* to help coat everything. Cooked a bit longer. Served over pasta. Chevre was bonus!

Timewise: I pulled into the house at 6 and was eating by 7. That included unloading the car and deciding what I wanted to eat.

*I freeze leftovers in muffin tins.

1 comment:

  1. Pssst. Internet archive link to the recipe linked to. Because the internet evolves.... https://web.archive.org/web/20101010064100/http://creampuffsinvenice.ca/2008/01/20/lovin-those-beans/

    ReplyDelete