Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

Grandmom decided to go with a cinnamon coffee cake this year. No doubt delicious, but not Christmas for me the way her cream cheese coffee cake is. I took down mom and dad's recipes cards and sorted through until I found the directions, then set to work. Christmas was coming after all.



Notes:
  1. I missed that on the top line it says that it makes two. Whoops. Thankfully, Sarah found that.
  2. Grandmom rolls out the dough, but patting it out in the foil worked fine. Plus, it saves you on dishes.
  3. Bake uncovered. I baked it covered for the 25 minutes, but it didn't brown at all. It turned out fine baking another 10 minutes unwrapped and cranking the temp up to 375 for the last couple of minutes, but it will save you a bit if you bake it uncovered from the beginning. (Most importantly, it means that you'll be disturbed from your Christmas eve nap less frequently.)



2 comments:

  1. Staying in place for the holidays, I made the recipe as written, put the second cake in the freezer, then wrapped it up in freezer paper for storage. This morning seems like the right time to bake it. It's been in for 25 minutes and I think I'll give it five more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying a gluten free version using the mix from Becky Excell (270 grams) + 1/4 tsp xantham gum. It's drier than ideal, but I don't feel like I need to make a second gluten version tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete