Tuesday, November 24, 2009

C is for Cookies




Last week would've been a good week for me to be at Dacie's. Alas, I'm grown up now and have to buy my own ingredients.

I was running out of ingredients right and left. Led to some amazing Mint Double Chocolate cookies when Lauren came over though. They're like thin mints. Only not dry. And with nuts. And I just ate four of them.

Mint Double Chocolate Cookies
inspired by Dorie's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

1.25 cups flour
.75 cups coca powder
1 teaspoon salt I know it's a lot, but it's actually an advisable amount
.75 teaspoon baking soda
2 sticks butter led to greasy cookies, next time I'll use 1.5 sticks and then 1 if that'll work later
1 cup sugar
.66 cups light brown sugar
1 teaspoon mint extract
2 eggs
12 ounces chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts. I used walnuts this time, just crumbled them in my hands. Pecans would be delicious too.

Preheat oven to 375ยบ.

Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda.

Cream in butter and then sugars.

Mix in mint extract and eggs.

Fold in chocolate and nuts.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool a bit before you eat them. They're too fragile when they first come out of the oven. Have milk on hand for dunking.

Makes about 2 dozen good sized cookies. The dough freezes well. The four cookies I ate today, popped from the plate where I froze them last week.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm... Those sound rather excellent. I really haven't gotten my cookies or my baking in this term. Plus, Dorie is always great inspiration.

    Also, funnily enough, I was talking about Dacie's just three days ago. Maybe I'll utilize it more while living on West campus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seiously, living in Dacie's wouldn't be a bad place for you. Can get loud at night sometimes and brunch conflicts with church, but all the baking supplies.

    ALL the baking supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I remember briefly thinking about it once. All that baking supplies would be awesome.... but church and sleep are issues. At least Burton is close by, so I won't be too far away.

    ReplyDelete